Sunday, May 4, 2014

Road Maps, Breaking Bad And Faith


What do successful athletes have in common?  

Not literal road maps . . . but mental maps. Successful athletes  map out their route to success, and more importantly they stay the course no matter what!

I'm sure pro's have really sophisticated mental maps. Here is the mental map that I wrote last July it is simple and straight forward. Some people might laugh at this but I don't care. I have followed this map all year, and because of it I'm closer to reaching my goals. I read this at least once a week.  I continue to make the right choices that will insure that I get to where I want to go. 
  


What separates great athletes from good athletes?  



Great athlete break bad habits!

It is expected that athletes train a lot. However most athletes just go through the motions. without taking a step back to be honest and really assess themselves. If you cannot do this alone (which is tough to do) ask your coaches what areas you need to work on, and start setting short-term goals to get better.

Great athletes own their flaws and weaknesses they are determined to improve.  This year I needed to improve my speed (among other things) I have been weight training so I will have stronger legs. I have a speed coach and strength coach that I work with four days a week, and I push myself to do sprints on my off days.  Guess what? I'm faster and I will continue to get faster.



To me faith is everything! 

I'm not going to get all preachy on you because everyone is different. . . however I do have an unbreakable faith in God, and that relationship continues to grow the faith that I have in myself. I know that through God all things are possible. When I walk in faith I can accomplish everything I put my mind too.  

All great athletes do not have strong religious faith but this one does!

#WorkInProgress 




No comments: