My parents always preach that before I post anything on social media it has to pass this test; would God, my parents and coaches approve? If not do not post.
Sad for me to say, but I know two girls who have lost scholarships because of social media. But follow these social media rules you will have nothing to worry about.
10 Social Media Commandments For Student Athletes
1. Never be in a red solo cup or party pictures. You may be drinking water but Coaches will think the worse and it can cost you a scholarship.
2. Treat others how you would like to be treated.
3. Stay positive and upbeat. Nobody wants to be around negative people.
4. Follow Coaches and tweet them it will help you get on their radar.
5. Surround yourself with positive people, who share your goals.
6. Be a leader and try inspire other athletes to work harder and go after their goals.
8. Do stalk the schools, coaches and teams that you are interested in to learn more about them.
9. Limit selfies. You may be beautiful but narcissistic is ugly.
10. Be inspired and learn the ropes from college players, coaches, trainers and pro's.